How to start a blog? Blog writing is one of the best ways to get global recognition and show your passion to the world alongside significant benefits. Running a blog is not rocket science, as you must stick to some basic principles to make it successful. However, with the rise in competition, generating a competitive blog that can work best in this saturated market and produce the desired outcomes is becoming more challenging. Most of the users are looking for a comprehensive guide to start a well-compiled blog. Therefore, we are here to provide you with all the fundamental strategies.
What Is A Blog?
A blog is a personalized journal or a website owned by an individual or industry that describes the data regarding a particular topic. A blog provides information about public queries and also allows users to interact with each other by commenting on the posts. The data is regularly updated so that people will get the most updated knowledge. Besides written content, a blog combines multi-media files like images, videos and info-graphics to present extended details about the general industry. A blog can be about anything, including sports, technology, education, health, fitness, house maintenance, business development, the marketing industry, and many others.
Reason To Create A Blog
There could be several reasons to start a blog, but it entirely depends upon your thoughts and purpose. A blog is published globally, and people from around the world will come across your ideas and writing, getting helpful information. Some main reasons behind creating a successful blog are the following:
- Some people are pumped to convey their ideology to the general public. Therefore, they create a blog to deliver their thoughts and allow the readers to comment on them so that they can improve their ideas better than before.
- Some people are fond of introducing their name worldwide
- There could be the purpose of generating money.
How To Start A Blog?
It is pretty easy and straightforward to start a blog. However, the immense rise in competition has made it crucial to eliminate all the errors strategically. A slight flaw in generating a blog can cost you money by preventing it from succeeding. We have listed a step-by-step guide below on how to start a blog. Just follow the steps, and you will be on your way with a well-developed weblog.
1 – Clear Your Idea
Clearing the idea means you must be sure about the purpose of starting a blog. We previously discussed that there could be several reasons behind this productive activity. So keep a clear idea in front. The best thing to do is decide your primary goal and then direct your efforts on that particular track. Consider your passion and needs while finalizing the idea. If you are looking for global recognition, go for a personalized blog.
If you are passionate about gaming or any other field, create an informative blog. Additionally, if you are focused on generating money from your writing, you must opt for a marketing blog. You must be sure of your idea. Otherwise, you will create a useless portal that can be of no advantage to you. So, make up your mind and follow that decided route.
2 –Do Proper Research
After getting assured of your idea, the next step is to do extensive research to find the hot and trending topics. Sorting out the competitive subjects in the market is compulsory as you have to get maximum traffic on your blog. If you write on unnecessary or unsearchable queries, nobody can read your thoughts, and you have no advantage in return. Therefore, proper research holds a significant place while designing your blog. You can use different tools for finding popular keywords and their current marketing trends alongside search volume. We have listed some essential tools below to help you research properly.
- Moz: Gives you data about keyword difficulty and its competition.
- Ahref: Helps analyze the bigger websites to get popular ideas.
- Keywords Everywhere: One of the most popular tools that extract the search volume of a query.
- Google Trends: Provides you with the details about the ongoing and future trends of a particular keyword.
3 –Decide the Blog Title
After finalizing the idea and sorting the trending queries, it’s time to pick a unique blog title. The name must be easy to read and related to your particular niche. Using BrianLara400 for describing technological innovations on your blog will give readers a sense of incompatibility, and they will hang off from your blog. So, you must be very accurate and precise while setting the blog name. Below are some of the essential points.
- The blog title must be unique.
- It must be related to a particular niche.
- It should be easily memorable.
- The name must represent your blogging goal.
4 – Register The Domain
After deciding on a unique blog title, head towards finding the domain name that is the same as your title, various platforms on the web provide domains for creating a blog. Make sure to purchase a class domain extension so that users will show trust in your writings. Some platforms also offer free names, but you should avoid them as they are untrustworthy and can end up with a domain license without alerting. Namecheap, GoDaddy, and Bluehost are the most reliable domain name registration platforms. Before making a purchase, consider the following points:
- Popular Extensions: Always have your hand on popular domain extensions like .com, .net, and .org, as they are considered the most authentic by the general public.
- Previous Existence: Make sure the domain with the same name and extension doesn’t exist before by using Wayback Machine. If it is, consider changing your domain name or extension.
- Budget: Always select the cheapest extension among the above-mentioned as you must renew it yearly.
5 – Connect Domain With Hosting
After selecting the domain name and purchasing it, connect it with a high-speed hosting server. Hosting allows data storage and shows your blog domain to the whole world. Therefore, consider buying the plan that can provide the fastest servers to access your blog in nano-seconds. Hostinger is one of the best hosting platforms alongside Namecheap and GoDaddy. Follow the steps below to connect the domain name with hosting.
- Buy a high-speed hosting plan but consider your budget also.
- After purchasing, add nameservers from your hosting panel to the domain registry.
- Install the latest version of WordPress.
- Your blog is ready to view with a particular URL.
6–Customize Your Blog
Customizing the blog is a very critical point as it directly determines whether a user will stay on your blog or not. It is easy to do necessary customizations as WordPress has made it extremely simple. Follow the elaborated points below and design your blog according to your insights.
- Catchy Theme: Install a catchy theme, as WordPress provides a great collection of beautiful themes. Change the color settings to convert it into a unique one. If you have investment potential, consider buying a premium one.
- Logo: Generate a stylish and well-elaborated logo alongside a favicon. The logo is representative of your blog. Use it in the header and footer and set the favicon to its determined section. Take care of dimensions as it prevents picture blurring.
- Widgets: Add essential widgets to your blog’s interface that shows Owner’s details, links to the latest blog posts and many other useful pages. Moreover, creates a unique colorful scheme for distinguishing the gadgets from the remaining contents.
- UI and UX: Put a significant focus on the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) factors, as they directly influence your blog’s preview and visitors’ time. Add a navigation bar and search box, besides using straight fonts, so that people can find the related information easily from your blog.
7 – Create Necessary Pages
Creating the necessary pages is an immediate step after designing your blog’s appearance. These pages will not describe your blog but also helps in building credibility. Some of the necessary ones are mentioned below:
- About Us: This page will show who you are and the purpose of your blog. You can add details about your passion, the information users will get from you in the future.
- Contact Us: Create this page to provide a direct route to users so that they can access you for further information.
8–Write Blog Posts
After performing all the above-mentioned steps, it’s time to publish your first blog post. We mentioned above that you must find trending keywords related to your niche so that you can write on it. Pick the one and start having words on it. Retain the basic concept and elaborate on it as much as you can. However, you must be very accurate regarding the content creation, and it must be captivating. Follow the below-mentioned strategies to generate such blog posts.
- Simple Words: Instead of using complex Grammar and vocabulary, use simple words and prepositions as people find it easier to understand the concepts.
- Elaborated Images: Use catchy images to describe your basic idea to the visitors. Refrain from stuffing your blog posts with multiple pictures. Instead, use only related ones when needed.
9 – Optimize The Content
After creating the blog post, you need to optimize it before publishing as it will not only helps users understand it better but also brings positive results to your blog’s ranking. It is impossible to optimize the content manually as it takes a massive toll of time. So, use different tools and WordPress plugins for remaking the content. Some are listed below:
- Yoast SEO: Yoast SEO is an online tool and WordPress plugin determining passive voice strength and transition word stuffing. So, it helps you create a compelling blog post.
- Grammarly is a widely used software that eliminates grammar mistakes to generate error-free content.
- Plagiarism Checkers: These tools check and modify the copy content to create a unique post.
10–Promote The Blog
Now, you are ready with your blog and content and want to get maximum traffic towards it. It can be done by ranking the posts on search engines or attaining social interactions. We have presented some of the basic strategies that enable you to bring many users to your writing.
- Off-Page SEO: The most fundamental thing by which you can rank your blog on Google or other search engines is Off-Page SEO. Set out a plan and follow the latest strategies for creating necessary backlinks, and you will be credited by attaining the top position in web results.
- Social Media Marketing: Another way of getting users’ attention is by promoting your posts on various social media handles like FaceBook, Instagram, and Twitter. Resultantly, people will come to read the complete analysis of the particular topic you wrote on your blog.
- Ads Campaigns: Ads campaigns are also a good source of improving a blog’s users. Run ads on social media, search engines and other public portals to get visitors’ engagement.
11 – Monetize Your Blog
Whether you are running an informative or marketing blog, if you have followed the above-mentioned strategy, you will be able to monetize it. This can be done in various ways, while the revenue depends on your blog’s traffic and visitors. Below are some of them.
Ads Showcase: Google allows you to monetize your traffic and blog views by approving them on its monetization platform, The Adsence. Thus, you can make enough money by showing Google ads on blog posts. Sites like Adsterra, Adcash, OpenX and many others also pay United States currency for running ads on your blog.
Affiliate Marketing: You can sell products on your blog through affiliate links from the largest drop shipping websites like Amazon, eBay, and Clickbank. You will receive a particular revenue share when someone buys a product through affiliate links while visiting your blog.
CPA Offers: Some websites like MaxBounty and CPA Grip help monetize your traffic through cost-per-action offers. It is also a valuable source of generating money from your blog.
Benefits Of Blogging
There are enormous benefits to having a successful blog. However, we are listing some of the significant ones here.
- You can earn massive money from your blog by monetizing your traffic through various channels and platforms. This will help you launch your industry instead of finding a job.
- By providing helpful information to the users, you can earn a good name and global recognition that will immensely benefit you worldwide.
- If you are passionate about your field and have also developed your blog on it, you can fulfill your passion by writing about it.
All these are the details about how to start a blog in 2023. In conclusion, developing a blog is relatively easy. However, utilizing all the essential strategies to make it successful and give it a competitive edge to survive in the hugely saturated market is compulsory. You can produce a good name and earn money from your blog posts. That’s all about this guide. Further changes will be available here. Stay tuned for more information!